Tuesday 15 April 2014

Joel Compass, Lana Del Rey (...eek!..), The Vamps (...grrr...), Peanut Butter Doughnuts & Why I'm Bad At Meeting New People...

Hello you glorious Fluffernutters! How are you all on this bright and thankfully not so breezy Tuesday afternoon? So this is obviously another Lunchtime Post and if you're interested, I'm currently eating a ham and cucumber sarnie made by me. And Weight Watchers bread that cost me 19p because it was reduced at Sainsbury's  =) Aaaah I do love a bargain! But that might just be down to my Indian routes... also, just for the record, can we say that that's why I'm always late for everything? Indian Timing and all that?

Anyway, first of all, let's talk Music! I'm aware that I nearly always quote at least one song in practically every post I do but I've been becoming very musical lately. I've always liked music but I never used to understand people's connection with it. I used to be into dance when I was younger but I think I was too young to understand. And then I kinda got out of listening to music. Then I hit my late teen years and subconsciously felt the need to fit the "MMMOP" teen stereotype: Moody, Mood-Swinging, Music-Obsessed Procrastinator. (MMMOP kinda sounds like Hansen's MMM Bop song doesn't it? Aaaah and to think me and my good friend were watching the music video once, trying to work out what gender each one was... only to find out they were all dudes. Memories!)

So anyway, I went through that stage. I think I went through a lot in my life too and that made me feel like every song related to me. It's mad though isn't it? How a million different songs can describe your million different feelings and thoughts more accurately than you can explain them yourself. So now, I love music and I can't last a day without it. Joining a band has also helped. But we won't discuss that any further.

Sooooo current song that I'm obsessed with at the moment is 'Forgive Me' by Joel Compass. Oh. My. Word. SUCH a good song. And it's great for sort of helping you on your way to forgetting someone that you need to forget. Kinda part of the 'erasing' process. And it's a fab song to belt out too ;) Some of the lyrics that so fabulously encapsulate the feisty feeling you have when you're finally getting your life back after heartbreak include:

Forgive me while I forget you  
Cause I don't need your love
I don't need your love
You might think I do
But I don't need your love, yeah 

  It's like yeahh-yeahhh
You let me down
You turned me in
And you lie and despise
I don't need you baby
I don't need you baby 

I have two words: Gwaaaaaarn Joely!!!!! Love this tune so much. Oh and, *ahem* Joel Compass = Hyperventilatingly B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L! (Yes I made up the word 'hyperventilatingly'. It works. Let's roll.) So yeah, he's very much followed on Instagram... 

Erm, Lana Del Rey... yeah. I always had an issue with Lana. Well, I never hated on her or anything (I don't hate, I appreciate) but she did make me want to kill myself with her dreary and depressing tones. So, ya know, being the life loving chick that I am, I decided to refrain from listening to her songs, just as a preventative measure to stop me from planning my own death. But Radio 1 played her new song West Coast and, ugh! I think I like it a bit. Kill me. No actually don't. Just buy me Lana's album and I'll probably beat you to it. 

Lastly on the music front: The Vamps. If you know me, you know that I have a slight scornful feeling towards them. But again, Radio 1 had them in the Live Lounge and BAM! I found myself singing their song... You know the one I mean... "Wake up in the morning with the sunlight in my eyes... la la la la la la la... do do do do do do do..." You'll have that in your head now. You're welcome ;)

Okay so their tunes are catchy. But I have a few issues with their lyrics. First of all, their song Can We Dance: 

I've been a bad, bad boy
Whispering rude things in her ear,
Please say she'll break,
Please say she'll change
Her mind and bring me back to her place.

No. What are you, 12? The only things you should be whispering in her ear is answers to maths tests.

Then comes their next song, Last Night:

Wake up in the morning
With the sunlight in my eyes,
No, my head don't feel so bright,
What the hell happened last night?
Yeah last night think we were dancing,
Singing all our favorite songs.
Think I might have kissed someone.
And if tomorrow never comes
We had last night.

 
Lads, lads, lads! Kissing people who you don't know is not the way forward. Think about the current situation in England with all these sick bugs going round. Do you really want to be a key part in the spread of it? Do you? Didn't think so. The only thing you should be puckering up to is a Pukka Pie.

But as much as I protest, you can't help but sing their songs. Which means they've got to be good. Catchy tunes mean sales! And sales mean you'll be big! So I wish them all the best, really. And I sincerely hope I'm not bludgeoned to death in my sleep by one of the members of their HUGE fan base. Don't be cray girls. Be nice.

Ok finally finally finally is the whole Peanut Butter Doughnuts thing and meeting new people. Basically, I was talking to someone I don't know very well and I felt I should follow my standard procure by telling them that I'm weird. A little forewarning. So I sent this:

"I'm a weird person so it's probs best to just accept it and roll with it... kinda like a peanut butter doughnut. It seems weird but you'll roll with it... Unless of course you're allergic to peanuts, in which case, this whole metaphorical analogy has just gone to waste... For the record, I've never had or heard of a peanut butter doughnut either, it just popped into my head but I think imma try and make one one day because it seems like wayyyy too good a thing to just ignore."

I lied. I wouldn't just make one. I'd make a whole heap. But anyway, this whole thing just splurged out of my brain, into my phone and I sent it then read it back to myself and realized, I need help. But hey, we embrace weirdness here in Ditzy Land, right?And imma definitely try and make them doughnuts. Though I've never made doughnuts before. But how hard can it be? Just sweet dough that's deep fried right? See that right there? That attitude is why I'm a hazard in the kitchen.

So anyway guys, my lunch break is nearly over. Hope you're all good and thanks so much for reading!

Keep smiling folks! And keep that weirdness circulating!

Ditzy xXx

Feel free to follow me on all that Social Media malarky too! But only if you want. No forceful vibes here ;) But I'll be mega happy if you do =)

Instagram/Twitter: @ditzypolkadot
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ditzypolkadot

No comments:

Post a Comment