Monday 16 December 2013

Ridiculous O'Clock Ramblings, Daring Developments & Awesome Alliteration

Alas dear readers, I have failed you again! The last time I wrote a blog was October. I have excuses but I'm not even going to go into them this time. Because the truth is, I've neglected you guys. People who I now consider (mostly) unknown friends. I'm well aware of how contradictory that sentence is but it's honestly how I view you. Ok so I haven't met most of you. But when I see the comments you leave and the page views you have added to, you're not just numbers. You're people that make me happy by taking an interest in my randomness. And I consider people that make me happy my friends. Rather strange and unorthodox I know, but I'm a rather strange and unorthodox person, wouldn't you say?

So recently my life has been rather tumultuous (what a fabulous word, right??). My physical health has messed up big time and that sort of messed up my outlook on life for a while. So I didn't want that to reflect in my blog. Because I look at this as a happy place full of rainbows and sunshine and laughter.

It is currently 2.43am in effulgent England. Yes, you read that correctly. "Effulgent". Isn't it such a ridiculously pretentious word?? It means radiant anyway. So yes, it's currently what I call 'ridiculous o'clock' and I am wide awake. Ok so that might be down to the two mugs of coffee I had this evening just because I fancied it, but the fact remains, I am buzzing and hyper and all things frantic. This is when I made a few 'daring developments'. The reasons behind the title of this post should all be unfolding now.

I decided to make a page on Facebook about this blog and also an Instagram account. These would basically be letting followers know when I have written a new post. I'd also put little anecdotes in and the like, some of which won't make my blog posts, but they might hopefully brighten up your day some. So the links to these will be at the bottom of this post. If you're interested, please like/follow!! I think the reason I say this is a daring development is because although it will get me more in touch with people who enjoy this blog, it can also expose me to some not so nice people. But I'm trying not to focus too much on that kinda thing. Positive vibes people!

Oooooh! Another new development! I just found out the other day that I'm a little bit allergic to pesto! Now you guys know how much I love food. And there's something about a pesto and tomato sandwich that fills me with joy and a tickle in my throat. Turns out, this 'tickle' isn't a good thing. It indicates I may be allergic. That's not to say I'm going to stop eating it. Don't be silly! I'll still eat it and just suffer with the consequences of itchy throat and ears afterwards. It's the same with aubergines. I'm not a big fan, but my mum's curried aubergines are to die for (literally). So I'll eat mounds of it, only to suffer with lips the size of sausages later. Not a good look, but provided I can stay at home and there are no Don Benjamin/Ryan Reynolds/Channing Tatum/Russell Howard/Jon Richardson lookalikes around, I'm fine with it.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not not not (3 for emphasis in case you didn't notice) encouraging people to eat things they are allergic to. Some people have really serious allergies that even inhaling stuff can cause anaphylactic shock and death. So people, please don't think I'm undermining allergies or encouraging people to ignore them because I am not saying that. I'm just talking about my small reactions or intolerances (I really want to say 'intolerai' but I know that's not right =S) that are not life threatening at all to me.

Hmm what else? Oh yeah, guess what I did last Monday?! I was in the car with my music playlist playing (ha! Fancy that!) and Friday by Rebecca Black came on. And I let it play. I didn't switch it off just because it wasn't Friday.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I played Friday on a Monday.
Because I like to live life on the edge.
So controversial, I know.
;)
 
It did kind of make me think though. Since I'm currently unemployed (but desperately looking for work) I have come to the conclusion that all unemployed people have the legal right to sing the Friday song any day of the week. Because let's face it, any day is a Friday if we want it to be, right?
 
Our Joey =)
Oooooh and I nearly forgot to mention! I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here has been and gone! I've got to say, I was definitely Team Joey! I actually love the dude. It's funny, he was the one person I thought I wouldn't be able to stand. The sort of sure of himself/idiotic/sleazy guy you expect to come from shows like TOWIE (I've never seen the show, I'm just basing my views on a mixture of what I've seen of Mark Wright and shamelessly stereotyping). How wrong I was. Joey Essex is one of the sweetest, kindest people I have ever seen. Like, really. And his naivety only made him sweeter. I really wanted him to win but Kian Egan was amazing and deserved to be King of the Jungle.
 
If you haven't ever heard of or watched this programme, you must think us Brits are right weirdos by how I've just described it but honestly, it's such a good show. A quick explanation is that about 12 celebrities have to spend about 2 weeks in a jungle doing various trials to earn food for the camp. Slowly, one by one, they each get evicted from the jungle, depending on who the public vote for. The person that remains is the winner aka King or Queen of the Jungle. 

So anyway, I'm now a mahoosive fan of Joey. So much so that I've decided to dedicate a future blog post solely to him. It'll include all the little things that he said throughout the show that had me and one of my besties in stitches. So if you're a fan of Joey Essex, look out for that!

So, I should probably get some sleep now. I have a busy day tomorrow! But again, please like my page on Facebook and/or follow me on Instagram! I'm thinking of maybe cracking the world of Twitter but it scares me a teeny tiny bit. So I think I'll see how I get on with Facebook and Instagram first =)

Links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ditzypolkadot
Instagram: ditzypolkadot

I really appreciate your support and feedback guys. Keep 'em coming!

Keep smiling, folks!

Ditzy xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment