Wednesday 18 June 2014

C'est La Vie to Carp Diem

I'm eating a salad. Yep. A salad. With no carbs. And no junk. Just a teeny tiny bit of ham, olives and about half an iceberg lettuce today because I refuse to go hungry. Everyone's out of the office right now on their lunch and let me tell you now, I'm glad. No, not because I dislike my work colleagues. They're great. But oh my word, try eating a salad gracefully and it will be the hardest thing you've ever had to do.

Now I'm not sure if I'm just going about it the wrong way, but I seem to get bits of lettuce everywhere that have escaped the fork or have spontaneously decided to jump out of the box. Also, I eat fast and ugh, I don't know. I think I'm just greedy to be honest. No I don't think. I know. Because I typed that out with four lettuce pieces hanging out my mouth. I know, I am etiquette and femininity epitomized. You may be seated. I mean, one wonders why one is still single. Can you not see the charm? ;)

Anyway, someone told me I should write a book the other day after reading my blog. I laughed in their face for a full 10 minutes. It was one of them things where you stop laughing, then you look at the person's deadpan face and laugh again. Me? Write a book? Turns out they were deadly serious and they didn't seem to appreciate the funny side, which is weird seeing as they enjoy this blog and we all know, this blog is hilar.

You know, I make myself laugh so much that sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I wasn't me. Just so that I could experience the utter joy it is to have me as friend. It'd be constant laughs and wit. Aaaaah... what it would be like to have me as a friend =')

So yeah, back to the book writing. I've been thinking about it now, I'm not gonna lie. A couple of people have said it to me over the past year or so and I don't know. Maybe I should. I mean, you don't have to be a genius to write a book right? I'm not sure exactly how to go about it and I don't even know where to even start when it comes to what to write about, but it's something to think about.

The thing is, I want to do something with my life. I don't want to be famous or anything, but I do love writing and so I'd love to have my own column somewhere or something. I mean, I write for a living, so I can't be too bad can I? And you're reading this so ha! You must agree ;)

Before, I kind of had this outlook that this is it. This is my life. Working 9 til 5 (what a way to make a living, sing it with me guys!)  with leaky kidneys, ME/CFS, type 1 diabetes and only Patrick my insulin pump to call my man. C'est la vie.

But no! This isn't life! Life is what you make it and so I'm gonna make a life that I love! They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'm saying life is in the hands of the beholder! No, that doesn't work but you catch my drift right?

So don't live your life saying c'est la vie (even though it is pretty fun to say). Change that outlook and say carpe diem. 

I'm still unsure of how to say that. Is it car-pay dee-em? Or carp dime? Or carpee deem?

And if you don't know how to say it, even go so far as to be annoying enough to say YOLO. Whatever works for you. But just grab life by the horns and steer it in the direction that you want it to go. Because that's the only way to make a change. Ambition is the key to success. I just made that up. Wow, maybe I should be a philosopher. Scrap the book ;)

Anyway, if anyone has any tips or advice, that'd be great. Again, this is just a passing thought and I might never do it but you never know!

I've finished my salad now. I'm not full. Ugh! And also, I've used a lot of italics (oooh there you go again) in this post. You're welcome.

Keep smiling folks!

Ditzy xXx

Follow me and I'll be your best friend!
Twitter: @ditzypolkadot 
Instagram: @ditzypolkadot
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ditzypolkadot

No comments:

Post a Comment